Re: Problem windows XP SP2 firewall FTP

From: sfn (sebastian.fresneda_at_vipco.de)
Date: 07/16/05

Date: 16 Jul 2005 01:25:14 -0700

> Hmm... Okay, so what happens if you try to get in via IE? Can you log on
> with IE at all? What client is this that you're using? I see that it is in
> PASV mode. It happens with PASV disabled as well?
>
> Galen

I'll try this next week (via IE and logging).
With PASV mode it happens also, as I could remember.
I got the sources of the client. It is written with the MFC C++ Classes
of
Microsoft and uses CInternetSession base class for the FTP Session.

I'd even compiled the sources against the latest version of the MFC
(7.0) ,
thinking that due the origin version of the sources (which where
developed
under MFC Version 6.0) would be too old for XP SP2 with firewall.
But nothing changed.

In fact, all others ftp-client I tested do their work under XP SP2
firewall
(the FW prompts when ftp access is made and then I press "allow")

When I use this client (and I have to, cause it's is part of an whole
app),
the microsoft firewall neither prompts me for ftp-access!
It's like You see in the log!

Using XP SP2 with another firewall (not the MS one), this ftp-client
runs as well.

So I think it has to do with the FW from MS.

Sebastian

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SBS2003 and XP SP2 (again!)
    ... Install XP SP2 on clients ... The Security Centre will be on, but the firewall can't be manually switched ... Right click Small Business Server Windows Firewall and Edit ... Had to reboot the client in question, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Re: XPSP2 Windows Firewall Group Policy not being applied
    ... "Bruce Sanderson1" wrote: ... why would you have the XP SP2 Firewall enabled on Domain ... automatically on a client in a domain enviroment is the reason why ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • XP SP2 and ftp PUT and GET to AS/400 not working
    ... I have IBM ThinkPad R40 with Windows Xp and recently I have update ... I can connect and logon with ftp client but commands GET and PUT does not ... I have try everithing I found on Internet (reseting firewall, ... Before SP2 everything was OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SMS 2003 XP SP2
    ... upgrades their pc to XP SP2 from SP1 ALL communication with SMS stops, ... I verify this by looking at the logs on the client. ... As far as the SP2 Firewall it is OFF so it is not an issue with the ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: delay on Outlook xp and 2003 clients
    ... For example my pc has SP2 with firewall enabled but has no problems! ... We using Microsoft Firewall Client on evry client, but before exchange 2003, ... >> clients havin' a delay problem with sending and receiveing mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.clients)