Re: Programs don't appear under user account

From: VanS (VanS_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/15/05

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 05:13:02 -0700

Thanks again for your helpful input Galen,God bless
Van

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:9C6E145C-707B-49DE-9C4F-01E48F386769@microsoft.com,
> VanS <VanS@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > Thanks for your suggestion Galen. Will look into.
> > The issue I wonder may be that I created the user account for testing
> > purposes after my apps were already installed. How does that affect
> > things? Thanks, God bless
> > Van
>
> An application installed prior to that with the appropriate settings (one
> that says install for all users if that's what you wanted) would have put
> the shortcut into the all users section of the documents and settings folder
> and thus would be available. Some application are, to be honest and
> opinionated, poorly designed in that they don't allow the option to install
> for all users. Worse still (and you'll eventually run into this perhaps)
> you'll find applications that should run as a limited user account that will
> only run with admin rights. Those are the ones that will make you tear your
> hair out by the roots. While you're in the process of learning this
> particular aspect of accounts it would be, in my opinion, a good time to
> make sure that you're also familiar with the "run as" right click options.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

Relevant Pages

  • Re: local user get created magically ! system hacked ?
    ... I use about a hundred fedora19 stations in computer labs at our school ... However, recently I noticed that on some stations, local user account ... the first boot after a fresh install. ... firstboot never asked for the root password as ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: local user get created magically ! system hacked ?
    ... I use about a hundred fedora19 stations in computer labs at our school ... However, recently I noticed that on some stations, local user account ... the first boot after a fresh install. ... firstboot never asked for the root password as ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Windows XP Updates...
    ... I did everything, by the way, but anything I tried to install couldn't be ... into Windows Security Centreand it says that Automatic Updates is ... I don't know how to manually update Windows either. ... adware and other malware (since the active user account does not ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Help in Changing User info, Please help
    ... >> the Windows CD he used to install XP home edition, so Im not sure how or if I ... > a possibility that you don't have a valid license to use WinXP. ... > original owner downloaded/installed viruses or other malware. ... even if the associated user account has been. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)