Re: Missing information

From: Wesley Vogel (
Date: 07/14/05

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:22:55 -0600

Poor advice.

*DO NOT* use the Userpasswords2 applet to add or modify users in Windows XP
Home Edition. This tool is reserved for Windows XP Professional Edition.

XP Home users should use control userpasswords *NOT* control userpasswords2.

Windows XP Home Edition errors when using 'Control Userpasswords2' to add a

13. Advanced User Management in Windows XP Home

Using control userpasswords2 with XP Home can cause severe problems.

How To Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP

Hope this helps.  Let us know.
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Madboy <> hunted and pecked: