Re: XP SP2 Windows Firewall Local Administration

From: Juan (soyquiensoy_at_terra.com)
Date: 07/14/05

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:57:26 -0700

Not sure if any of this will help, give it a try if interested...
Star\Run\gpedit.msc\right click on Local Machine Directives\Properties\check
on; Disable Machine Configuration parameters.
Or Start\Run\Services.msc\ and disable the Firewall service

Try any of these alternatives with the network line removed if necessary.

"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> Active Directory environment, 1000 clients.
> We manage XP SP2 Windows Firewall settings with domain Group Policy and it
> works just fine.
> But, occasionally we really need a local administrator (typically a domain
> account that was delegeted with complete FULL CONTROL of the entire OU and
is
> also in the local Administrators group in the client computer) to be able
> log on locally to the client computer and toggle on and off Windows
Firewall