Re: XP Passwords/Logon Issue

From: CeNo (
Date: 07/13/05

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:57:00 GMT

"CeNo" <> wrote in message
> All,
> Running XP Pro SP2, with all updates.
> Have five users on PC. Do not use ctrl+alt+del to log on.
> Recently, we went to log on, and the computer kept saying that we had
> forgot our password, retry...
> this has eventually happened to all the accounts including the Admin
> account. I know the passwords are correct, it just wont let me log on...
> I remember last year that there was something on the microsoft site to
> download to help resolve this issue...

Just to update,

I am able to log in as myself as an admin user...all the other accounts when
I click on their username and enter their password it starts to load their
settings then returns to the welcome screen. And then I find that I cant
log in too!
I then use a bootable cdrom to help me reset my password (which I never
forgot anyway!), I then log in to XP, and find that the other accounts have
disappeared from the welcome screen/users applet in control panel.

Any help???

Relevant Pages

  • XP Pro users/login/welcome screen issue
    ... > This has eventually happened to all the accounts including the Admin ... I am able to log in as myself as an Admin user...all the other ... Running XP Pro SP2 all updates, Norton Internet Security 2005, all updates. ...
  • Re: Now What?
    ... Have one Admin. ... | Also limited accounts gives only colored backgrown to desktop and won't ... Restore the old Ghost image. ... Update the PC with all MS Critical Updates and other software updates. ...
  • Re: MS Update - Admin Only
    ... This happens on one account only - which has admin privelages. ... I get similar results to yours for the other accounts. ... Regardless of which account I use - administrator or one within the ... > install updates without admin credentials if you do it by schedule. ...
  • Administrators Only Problem
    ... weeks ago XP decided not allow me any updates. ... Administator only. ... I tried a new accounts which say I am ... an admin. ...
  • RE: local admin account password
    ... Subject: local admin account password ... > 4) Only use domain accounts so delete the local ones. ... > The DB file would be encrypted with EFS so only the limited user SQL ... > backup user can make a zip backup of the DB whenever it gets changed ...