when do i need to reboot?

From: peter (nospam_at_nospam.com)
Date: 07/13/05

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:33:27 -0700

I'm experimenting with network sharing and permission setting, users, etc in
a workgroup LAN. This experiment is very slow to do because sometimes after
changing an account password, I have to reboot thisPC with the shared folder
in order for otherPC to access the folder. Sometimes I even have to reboot
otherPC to gain access to the folder even though all I change is the
password on thisPC.

Could someone give me a hint on when or why I need to reboot?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Error Message At Bootup
    ... If you are getting RunOnce item replaced on next reboot, ... in that folder is iereseticons.exe. ... RunOnce and when I rebooted the next time, I got the error message ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Error Message At Bootup
    ... icons back to IE6 icons and then resets something in the registry that does ... If you are getting RunOnce item replaced on next reboot, ... in that folder is iereseticons.exe. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Error Message At Bootup
    ... icons back to IE6 icons and then resets something in the registry that does ... If you are getting RunOnce item replaced on next reboot, ... in that folder is iereseticons.exe. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Error Message At Bootup
    ... What is happening is that that script file, does something that resets IE7 ... If you are getting RunOnce item replaced on next reboot, ... in that folder is iereseticons.exe. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: MAJOR (and very strange) XP problem...
    ... Just delete all the files in that folder. ... Using Windows XP HE SP2 ... Cybert wrote:> I cleaned up a virus problem a few weeks ago by running a dozen> different virus checkers, cwShredders, look2mekillers, etc. I'm now> running ZoneAlarm, AVG, and my hijackthis log is clean. ... When I try to reboot my machine it's like everything runs in slow> motion. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)