How can I get access to files and folders on my portable drive on other computers?

From: Dmitry Kopnichev (kopn_at_hotbox.ruDELETE)
Date: 07/12/05

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:46:38 +0400

Hello
How can I get access to my files and folders on my portable drive on other
computers? I do not want to give access to a Windows XP group because I
don't want
Administrators of our domain have direct access to my files on the drive.
They will not take ownership because I will see the taking. I want to get
access by a password.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: file sharing on network with XP Home
    ... I'm confused why Windows Help never explained to me ... >>>of the administrative users files on all computers. ... >> installed on an NTFS disk partition. ... >> Files and Windows folders and to individual users' folders within ...
  • Re: Folder Not Accessible to Administrator?!
    ... > account name and password are the same for both computers, ... How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP ... on a shared folder in Windows XP ...
  • Re: safe mode
    ... If you cannot do this yourself, maybe you know a friend that can hook ... ownership of the files or folders. ... How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP ...
  • Re: Seek Help on a folder that is password Protected
    ... I have a similar problem except that my new machine is running Windows XP ... i just can't access those certain protected folders. ... "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote: ... In XP Home version, you will need to boot the system into Safe Mode, and log on with an Administrator account, to take ownership of the files and folders. ...
  • Re: Workgroup woes
    ... Does windows generate its own at ... If one or more of the computers is XP Pro or Media Center: ... Simple File Sharing and create identical user ... folders inside those directories. ...