Re: weird system files

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (dknox_at_mvps.org)
Date: 07/10/05

Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 01:10:25 -0400

Open a Command Prompt window and enter

CD My Documents\My Music

Next enter

ATTRIB ALB*.jpg -s -h /s

This will clear the System and Hidden attributes on all JPG files starting with ALB in the filename. You can take it out to Album*.jpg, if you want.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"John" <JOhn6328@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:u7b7ozPhFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> That is them... they are all hidden system files. Ugh!
>
> John
>
> Doug Knox MS-MVP wrote:
>> If the filenames are similar to
>>
>> AlbumArt_{047EC5B9-8031-467B-A09E-3097C945C5CF}_Small.jpg
>>
>> They're files that are downloaded to display album covers when you're listening to music in Windows Media Player.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Mcx2Dvcs
    ... Is this a pre-relase version of Windows Vista? ... as IPSec can prevent your Xbox from connecting to your PC) ... Windows Media Center Extender setup failed with the following error ... interfering (if it does work, then it is the router, if it ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Mcx2Dvcs
    ... Is this a pre-relase version of Windows Vista? ... If this is not a pre-release version, please clear the event log and attempt to add your Xbox again. ... Windows Media Center Extender setup failed with the following error ... interfering (if it does work, then it is the router, if it ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Discarding old files after a parallel installation
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... This partition contains temporary Setup files that are ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: media extender linksys 2100 / laptop hp dv9000
    ... Windows Vista Home Premium. ... Windows Media Center on my ASUS laptop. ... "Barb Bowman" wrote: ... start the extender -- add the extender to windows media center ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Cant enable scripting
    ... Can you provide the specific details of the error message, ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ...