installing windows components

From: LW (LW_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/09/05

Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 14:42:01 -0700

I have a general question. When you install windows components, I know
you have to be sure you have everthing you want is checked, otherwise it
uninstall them. I find that very strange.

I am trying to install IIS on an XP Pro machine. And I notice that most of
the time, the windows components installation window just hangs. Does
any one have any idea why ? This is a brand new laptop.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: how to transfer office 2003 from crashed computer using reg #
    ... snowbird came back to Canada-tried to install windows 2003 with disk. ... If that doesn't solve the problem, did you uninstall all the Office trial version software that may have been on the computer prior to installing 2003? ... If the fixes I wrote don't work, post back, I am sure someone else knows of other fixes. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Installed XP Pro 1a - No password set, yet computer is asking for
    ... Dizzy-Lizz wrote: ... never had a password on it, as the interent is not used on that ... After it has taken me several ours to uninstall ... everything necessary to install windows XP, ...
  • RE: XP Install Help
    ... > I'm trying to install Windows XP on my PC but during installation i get a ... > 'blocking issue' message saying that i need to uninstall Microsoft Shared Fax ...