Administrator canít see folders/files of user account

From: AdamsDad (UseLinkToEmail_at_WindowsForumz.com)
Date: 07/09/05

Date: 9 Jul 2005 15:36:50 -0400

As the Administrator of an XP Home computer I am not able to view any
of the files of one of the User Accounts. I set up 3 Limited Accounts
at the same time, when the computer (HPzd7000) was new. When I use
Windows Explorer to view files, I can see all of the user files except
for folders and files for the account named "Brett", even though the
account type is Limited; I get an "Access is denied" message. If I
open My Computer, Brettís files do not even appear in the listing of
folders and files; all other user accounts do.

Any ideas about why this occurs?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-istrator-folders-files-user-account-ftopict554977.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd).  Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1762986

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do I access old user accounts?
    ... Josh wrote: ... He created new user accounts but the old ... my old account had some folders that I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: UserAccountControl Attribute
    ... specific user objects (enabled user accounts) that appear to be missing those ... How can I view the attributes of the user objects in question? ... foreach (string parameter in Parameters) ...
  • Re: Export/import of computer accounts
    ... DNS name of the domain: ... I create the same computer accounts which were in the Active ... I'm going to make a comparison with the user accounts. ... You can install Active Directory on another computer and specify that it is ...
  • Re: Access 2003 application with MSDE backend connection error in
    ... I'm trying to create a connection using my deployed application. ... >> our internal network where the MSDE database is installed. ... >> the necessary user accounts to it. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.developers.toolkitode)
  • Re: New business: many questions (mostly on topic...)
    ... I shall probably be leaving Entourage behind for Mail or Eudora. ... That's where you can manage your website, email accounts (via webmail ... or as an IMAP server), other user accounts, ... You also asked about Mac project management software. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)