Re: prevent users from disabling pop-up blocker

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (dknox_at_mvps.org)
Date: 07/09/05

Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 23:26:10 -0400

Use the popup allow list setting, just below Turn off pop-up management. Enter one, and only one bogus URL. No other site will ever be allowed to generate a pop-up, according to the information.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55DAFA6C-7F57-4F76-B293-24BBD650464F@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to prevent users from disabling the pop-up blocker via GPOs?
> Enabling the turn off pop-up management setting will disable the pop-up
> blocker and prevent users from turning it on but disabling the setting does
> not prevent users from turning it off.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Internet Sites
    ... >Does the site use pop-up windows? ... Did you try disabling ... >> the SP2 Firewall and still no success. ... >> and have not had any problems making a purchase. ...
  • Prevent users from disabling pop-up blocker
    ... Is there a way to prevent users from disabling the pop-up blocker via GPOs? ... Enabling the turn off pop-up management setting will disable the pop-up ...
  • prevent users from disabling pop-up blocker
    ... Is there a way to prevent users from disabling the pop-up blocker via GPOs? ... Enabling the turn off pop-up management setting will disable the pop-up ...
  • Re: Pop up blocker
    ... Try disabling the IE 6.0 sp2 pop-up blocker temporarily and see what ... In the resulting window, ... and the click on the OK button to finish disabling the Pop-up ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • RE: Encoding Error - Object Expected
    ... that usually occurs when you have a pop-up ... filter blocking popups. ... Try disabling the filter and I'll ... warrant you'll no longer have that error. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)