Re: Any good free virus scanners out there???

From: Wesley Vogel (123WVogel955_at_comcast.net)
Date: 07/07/05

Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 17:33:55 -0600

This is what I use...

Get Your AVG 7 for free!
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

--
Hope this helps.  Let us know.
Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
In news:uOF9bKogFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Corey Sinclair <gpsoccer25@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> I am currently looking for a free virus scanner that is not a trial
> version. This would be helpful just as Microsofts Antispyware Beta 1 is
> to me.  Would someone mind pointing me into the right direction?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do I make registry changes stick?
    ... The etnuq.exe file is gone, I assume AVG dealt with it, but the shell call ... ern. ... You might want to start in Safe Mode to run AVG. ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ...
  • Re: How do I make registry changes stick?
    ... You might want to start in Safe Mode to run AVG. ... Some viruses and other malware like to conceal themselves in areas Windows ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ...
  • Re: How do I make registry changes stick?
    ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... ernie hunted and pecked: ... Thank you for the tip about scanning in Safe mode. ... You might want to start in Safe Mode to run AVG. ...
  • Re: NO HELP FOR AVG FREE EDITION
    ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... I tried to register my AVG FREE edition so I could get on AVG's ... but it kept saying my license number was wrong. ...