New OS - canít get files in old EFS-encrypted directory

From: Caobhin (UseLinkToEmail_at_WindowsForumz.com)
Date: 07/03/05

Date: 3 Jul 2005 15:37:01 -0400

About a month ago, my OS/programs drive crashed. Iíve purchased a new
drive, installed the OS (WinXP pro) and am now trying to get back some
encrypted files.

I have 3 directories that are present on a 2nd ídataí hard drive that
were encrypted w/ the old OSíx WinXP EFS. I have *.cer and *.pfx files
that I exported from the old OS, before it died. I imported/added
these keys and certificates to the new OS. I even tried to re-create
the old user account on my new OS. Nevertheless, the new OS will not
allow me to read or decrypt anything w/in these EFS-encrypted
directories.

Anyone have suggestions?

-Kevin

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-OS-files-EFS-encrypted-directory-ftopict552756.html