Re: FIX: EventSystem 4609 errors after installing XP SP2

From: barrow_52 (
Date: 07/02/05

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 12:55:50 +0000

Christopher Hill Wrote:
> Hi,
> Did you try the fix I mentioned in my second post? See the following
> site:
> --
Well actually I hadn't at the time of my last posting. In the meantime
I got so frustrated that I reformated the disk and did a complete new
installation of XP. Sort of hoped that might solve the problem, but no,
the error message was still in the Event Log, every time I booted
Windows, and it didn't take long before it crashed, just as before. So
I tried this other fix you pointed out, but that didn't exactly go as
planned, because when I go to the Remote Procedure Call page, the
option to set the log on to Local System account is grey and cannot be
changed. On the RPC Locator window, it -is- possible to make this
change, and I did so, but it didn't solve the problem.

Anyway, in the mean time I have noticed that the error message I get is
not -exactly- the same as in your original posting. The difference is
that mine says "HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44.....", not 80070005.

So maybe I have been barking up the wrong tree? When I googled for this
particular wording, I got a couple of hits, one of which is fairly
unhelpful, but the other is This appears
to be indicating that the problem may be a -hardware- fault, and nothing
to do with Windows. This is extremely upsetting, since I had come to the
conclusion that if this was a Windows problem, I could at least take it
to the local store where I bought the Windows licence. However, if it
may be a hardware problem I don't know -what- to do. The computer was
bought by mail order, so I guess I have to get on the supplier and
arrange to have it shipped back. I bought a 2 year extended warranty,
so I guess that is OK, but it's a lot of hassle, especially if it turns
out that the problem -is- the Windows installation....

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Terminating Application
    ... In one of the greater disasters I was involved in, and had to fix at great expense, ... Windows by changing it to ExitWindowswhich exited ... The disasters you describe ensued. ... went back to my client and we ditched the product. ...
  • Re: NoraThe "side-by-side" component is associated with the Vista Windows Resource
    ... Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some them ... Detail are including in the cbs.log, but I not understand what files are not fix, please help my ... Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run ...
  • Re: back and front MALWARE girl
    ... Mickey won't fix. ... had much experience with its stability. ... I can hang a Windoze box running any of the aforementioned. ... Even aside from instability issues - and a computer that might work one day, and not the next for no good reason is unstable - there were issues like killing DVD codec for Windows media player. ...
  • Re: Windows wont start properly--get message in dos mode
    ... thred but I relly need help to fix my machine. ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ... ethernet cable and phone cable from the modem. ...
  • Re: Updates are downloaded but fail to install
    ... So I applied the fix for that (see ... and then applied the below quoted registry fix. ... dl'd it) but when I again tried to install the update from the MS Update ... Windows Updates problem" on a few computers that I have worked on....The ...