guest account

From: sm00t (sm00t_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/02/05

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 10:48:04 -0700

I have full admin privs on XP PRO with password. When I enable the GUEST
account it shows up OK, but when I try to use it I get the following error...

AUTOMATION SERVER CAN'T CREATE OBJECT

Then I get the standard "ABOUT BLANK PAGE" display...

Thanks in advance...

I'll never learn enough...

sm00t...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: password??
    ... It's probably for either the Guest account, or for the account you're using, ... On any XP Pro computer, check to see if Simple File Sharing (Control Panel - ... On XP Pro with SFS disabled, check the Local Security Policies (Control Panel - ...
  • Re: plz help me :(
    ... >i can not make a direct connection between notebook and pc via direct ... On any XP Pro computer, check to see if Simple File Sharing (Control Panel - ... On XP Pro with SFS disabled, setup and use a common non-Guest account on all ... Guest account is enabled, on each computer. ...
  • Re: Grayed out password box.
    ... >Laptop I get a grayed out Guest sign in box and the guest password does not ... Are your computers running XP Home, XP Pro, or a combination? ... common non-Guest account on all computers. ... Any user can be an Administrator, ...
  • Re: LAN Passwords and Shares
    ... (nor was I aware of the "lusrmgr.msc" command for guest ... account) If this works I'll sleep tonight. ... >On any XP Pro computer, check to see if Simple File ... disable SFS on all computers. ...
  • Re: XP Home Network Problems
    ... I double-checked using Run, lusrmgr.msc and the Guest ... PC from the XP Pro pc. ... Using Windows Explorer, under 'My Network Places, I can ... >>Guest account is active on both PCs ...