Task manager missing

From: Mbandgeek (Mbandgeek.1rb6dv_at_pcbanter.net)
Date: 06/28/05

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:11:29 +0000

Recently My brother and I had Built A Computer with XP w/sp2. Everything
works fine except for i cannot access the task manager. It Gives Me this
messsage "Task manager has been disabled by the administator." After
searching on the internet for some answers i found out about "Group
policy." i found steps to install it, but it isn't on my computer. I've
been searching for this snap-in For hours on the internet.
Is there a reliable source in which i can Download it? Or is there some
other way to re-enable Task Manager?

Thanks for your help!

--
Mbandgeek

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Svhost.exe using 100% Processor on XP Professional
    ... boots up a few days ago, we go to task manager see the svhost.exe that is ... also ran a full scan while not in safe mode and still all clear. ... only told it was likely a malware, or such, infection, jumped through ... many,many hoops looking and searching for an infection, and found ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Svhost.exe using 100% Processor on XP Professional
    ... boots up a few days ago, we go to task manager see the svhost.exe that is ... also ran a full scan while not in safe mode and still all clear. ... only told it was likely a malware, or such, infection, jumped through ... many,many hoops looking and searching for an infection, and found ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: update screen
    ... After long searching, I found there were two explorer.exe ... instances in the task manager. ... the IRC.trojan virus. ... > with a "status" window inside it after the reboot. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Task manager missing
    ... "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" ... >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... >> been searching for this snap-in For hours on the internet. ...
  • Now Im nervous. do I have a virus?
    ... by searching the microsoft site for Svchost.exe, ... Well, I checked, in task manager under ... >Is this a virus? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)