Re: XP won't permit 8 Windows Security Updates to install

From: TaurArian (taurarianREMOVECAPS_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/23/05

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:21:05 +1000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798
You Cannot Install Some Updates or Programs

The Dead Man wrote:
> At the Windows Update Page, eight security updates are identified as
> being required. These were downloaded but an error message posted
> saying that Windows was unable to install them.
>
> Now it appears as if they are not being re-downloaded but merely
> re-processed and the resulting message is always "unable to install".
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> System:
>
> Windows XP Home SP2
> 512 Meg. RAM
> 80 Gig. HD
> 2.6 Ghz Pentium IV

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Since January 18th, no high-priority updates...
    ... Since I do not intend to install NIS 2006 again, I thought it does not matter ... I checked about what you say (time of the Automatic Updates) and changed it ... I uninstalled NIS 2006... ... 2 February 2006 Windows Update Agent Unable to Connect: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: no signal error
    ... from biosupdate to the other updates. ... And also when i finally get into windows and just doing regular tasks as ... Select "review and install updates" and "install ... If you removed any softwares in step 7, restart computer. ...
  • Re: Latest Update Wreaked Havok - Cannot Restore
    ... track of what you install in order to be able to uninstall it. ... been diligent with your critical updates, ... Windows Update ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: Windows updates fail after install of SP2
    ... I'm sure I didn't delete any log files since my last update though; especially anything to do with Windows Update. ... Are the updates now showing in Add/Remove Programs in the Control ... I thought I would turn automatic updates on so that it would automatically download and install updates but that didn't seem to do anything either. ... The issue of updates not being offered after the application of SP2 is a new twist on an old theme ... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows 98 box is "owned"
    ... Microsoft officially is no longer issuing *new* updates for Windos 98, ... on Windows update, although you will find all the "critical" (as defined ... Perhaps it is time to say screw it and install ... You noted that your mother has ZA. ...
    (Security-Basics)