RE: Editing Registry

From: required field (required)
Date: 06/23/05

    Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 01:38:03 -0700

    "Joe Michl" wrote:

    > I have a situation where I would like add to the windows registry an entry
    > for "Primary DNS Suffix" remotely without logging off the system. The system
    > is running a TV Channel, so I cannot stop the system to make the change. The
    > system is scheduled to reboot at 3:00 am once a week. I am basically looking
    > to access the registry some how by browsing to the PC and editing the file or
    > setting a batchfile to run on the reboot to make the change. Is this at all
    > possible?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > JOE

    • Re: remove ide controller
      ... channel still reverts to PIO if I put the machine in standby or hibernate. ... Think I'll just have to live without using standby or hibernate. ... now know how to remove the whole ide controller. ... > the IDE controllers you see, reboot and let Windows re-detect everything. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
    • Re: TV Signal Problem - Fine on Antenna, Black on Cable
      ... >> removed the Tuner card drivers, ... Removed all other decoders, Installed ... >> It seems that the problem sometimes comes back when I reboot, ... >> to a channel I really shouldn't get, or play a DVD and come back. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
    • RE: SSO Linux --> AD using GSSAPI
      ... SSO Linux --> AD using GSSAPI ... After that, reboot the client. ... Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt20001 ... channel 0 request x11-req reply 1 ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • DTV signal Channel Change Issue
      ... before (there was sound). ... So I rebooted the STB & the signal comes in on ... the laptop screen - then I enter some channel numbers (from the upper ... when you reboot. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
    • RE: Editing Registry
      ... > is running a TV Channel, so I cannot stop the system to make the change. ... > setting a batchfile to run on the reboot to make the change. ... > JOE ...