XP2SP2 File Encryption with Workgroups (no AD)

From: Bill Cohagan (cohagan_at_nospam.nospam)
Date: 06/22/05

    Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:16:30 -0500

    I would like to be able to encrypt a file/folder on one machine and access
    it from another machine on the LAN; however this is in a workgroup
    environment; i.e., there is no Active Directory and no domain. I'd hoped
    that the normal workgroup logon (using same password and Userid) mechanism
    would work, but apparently it does not. When I try to access the encrypted
    file from another machine (while logged on using the same Userid and
    password) I get an "access denied" message.

    Is there any way to use file encryption in a workgroup environment?

    Thanks in advance,
     Bill

    • Re: XP2SP2 File Encryption with Workgroups (no AD)
      ... Bill Cohagan wrote: ... > I would like to be able to encrypt a file/folder on one machine and access ... > that the normal workgroup logon mechanism ... > Is there any way to use file encryption in a workgroup environment? ...
    • Re: how i can encrypt data
      ... The PWDENCRYPT and PWDCOMPARE functions are used to encrypt and ... compare DATA passwords are not visible in anywhere in the database. ... Create table users (userid int identity (1,1) not null, ... Insert into users values (PWDENCRYPT ('hari prasad')) ...
    • Re: "Password" datatype in SQLServer?
      ... The PWDENCRYPT and PWDCOMPARE functions are used to encrypt and ... Create table users (userid int identity (1,1) not null, ... Insert into users values (PWDENCRYPT ('hari prasad')) ... > I have a custom-written application in which I'm storing some ...
    • Re: Encrytion
      ... 'Under Compress or Encrypt attributes' I find the 'Encrypt ... File encryption is not available if you have Windows XP Home ... viewing this folder, put it in your My Documents folder, right ... Put a password on your user account and never ...
    • Re: File encryption
      ... of using file encryption on Debian Etch? ... but which one might suit the following: ... I only want to encrypt a single folder with personal stuff in it. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)