Re: Password access to XP computers?

From: drey (drey_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/22/05

Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:38:02 -0700

I'm also trying to protect folders with passwords, so other users on this
computer do not have acces to my private files...however when i go to
properties, under the sharing tab, "make this folder private" check box. the
check box is shaded and clicking on it does nothing as if though it is
disabled...
How do i change this or otherwise protect my files?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Mobile wireless users
    ... Agree, this is going to be a problem, say, if passwords are being sent ... This somehow does not make sense to me, why would anyone need private ... resources *on* that device. ... > I appreciate your comments on this issue and hope it will answer some significant questions that my organization has about allowing users to use mobile wireless devices outside of our facilities. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Recovery via Unrecovery
    ... Your passwords, such that line managers will not be inconvenienced by ... _nothing_ on them is private. ... Let alone by line managers making lists of other people's ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Protectiong folders, denying acces
    ... how can i protect folders on my HDD from limited users ... acces, IE my windows folder & my documents and settings. ...