Re: Symantec AV 10 CE issue...

From: tophre (tophre_at_nospam.yahoo.com)
Date: 06/22/05

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:30:55 -0700

Paul,
I haven't run across that one yet but I know there is a setting that will
allow you to disable scanning floppies (probably not the best method). I'm
having a problem with v 10 and deploying across subnets. I talked with
Symantec and they are stumped, maybe someone else has an idea. On the local
subnet all clients install fine, trying to push to remote subnets they fail.
All group policies are identical. Anyone have a clue?

Chris
"PaulM" <PaulM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded our 60 node network of win 2k and XP to Symantec 10 from a
> mix of 8 and 9. I have about 40 or so computers upgraded and 5 (including
> my
> own) are giving me a small problem. When the SAV CE 10 client is
> installed
> on the computer the process winmgmt.exe does a seek to the floppy drive
> around every 45 seconds or so. It also turns the cusor into an hourglass
> on
> slower machines. Uninstalling the SAV fixes the problem, but I cannot
> re-install a managed version 9 client to my 10 server.
>
> We have gold support and I have a ticket into them. They know of the
> problem, at least 1 other customer reported it, but no fix yet.
>
> Anyone else having this issue and have a fix for it?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Paul.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Planned Weekend Barbeq....Gaming, I mean gaming. Yes.
    ... On 13 Apr 2007 20:02:49 GMT, Sir Chewbury Gubbins ... broken network," they say, "with 14 subnets. ... Fix it." ... it's broken because you've got 14 subnets on it. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • pkg(1) ipv6 address not listening
    ... pkgdoesn't like ipv6 from two different subnets: ... 'Interrupted system call' ... It's up fine, just not listening. ... Could you fix it, please? ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Browsing between subnets w/o PDC
    ... I have a small problem I hope somebody knows how to fix. ... have two subnets, with Win2k machines on each. ... have a Windows Domain Controller. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: KB888311 Setup Error
    ... There is a workaround you can try (we installed the fix, ... Add IP subnets to to you site boundaries ... corresponding to your local site subnets and it *may* work..... ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.tools)