Symantec AV 10 CE issue...

From: PaulM (PaulM_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/20/05

Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 07:59:03 -0700

I just upgraded our 60 node network of win 2k and XP to Symantec 10 from a
mix of 8 and 9. I have about 40 or so computers upgraded and 5 (including my
own) are giving me a small problem. When the SAV CE 10 client is installed
on the computer the process winmgmt.exe does a seek to the floppy drive
around every 45 seconds or so. It also turns the cusor into an hourglass on
slower machines. Uninstalling the SAV fixes the problem, but I cannot
re-install a managed version 9 client to my 10 server.

We have gold support and I have a ticket into them. They know of the
problem, at least 1 other customer reported it, but no fix yet.

Anyone else having this issue and have a fix for it?

Thanks for any help.
Paul.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Which Exchange-aware Anti-Virus can I use ?
    ... You will want to use Symantec Mail Security for MS Exchange. ... seperately the advanced SPAM portion for SAV and using Brightmail SPAM ... If you are referring to what client to use on your mail server then my ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Which Exchange-aware Anti-Virus can I use ?
    ... > You will want to use Symantec Mail Security for MS Exchange. ... > seperately the advanced SPAM portion for SAV and using Brightmail SPAM ... > suggestion and the way Symantec suggests is that you load the SAV client ... > onto the server as a standalone. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: outlook 2007 reading pane response slow
    ... i've already search the internet, it seems related to symantec AV. ... fix or update to fix this problem? ... Uninstall SAV and reinstall it without the mail scanner. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • RIS: XP image fails using the latest Symantec Antivirus client
    ... Symantec Enterprise client. ... Conversation: SAV 10.1.0.394 ... image using Remote Installation Services from Microsoft we receive a sharing ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Anti-Virus & Anti-Spam Suggestions?
    ... a week or so ago I switched a client from SAV to Trend, ... I spoke to the client a couple of days ago ... 'This Trend thing is wonderful!!! ... "appliances" or even server based software that Symantec uses. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)