Re: XPSP2 firewall not the Windows default how do i reset?

From: Loki-uk (Lokiuk_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/12/05

Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:40:03 -0700

The NPF is part of NIS the only way I can uninstall it is to remove NIS which
removes NAV and Anti-Spam which I want to keep there is no separate
unistaller otherwise I would have and as I said disabling it just causes lots
of problems. I'll try Zone Alarm thanks for the tip (would of liked to have
got to the bottom of it tho)

Thanks

"Uncle John" wrote:

> "Loki-uk"
> What an epic! If you don't ant to sue the Symantec Firewall, uninstall it.
> You can still run NAV.
>
> If you want a good firewall and antivirus package use ZoneAlarm Security
> Suite. --
> Uncle John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NPF 2003
    ... Sure can uninstall one. ... I had NIS 2002 running smoothly with NAV 2003. ... Not much space difference between the two NIS 2002 and NPF. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: XPSP2 firewall not the Windows default how do i reset?
    ... If you don't ant to sue the Symantec Firewall, uninstall it. ... You can still run NAV. ...
  • Re: Cant send/rec e-mail - ?reinstall?
    ... NAV was preinstalled on the machine when she bought it then she installed NSW without first uninstalling NAV? ... You'll have to find/figure out what the versions of NAV and NSW were/are, then pick the appropriate Symantec page... ... part of Norton SystemWorks'> expand and follow the WinXP instructions under 'To uninstall Norton SystemWorks if Add/Remove Programs does not work'> then proceed to 'To run the Rnav2003.exe removal utility to remove previous versions of Norton AntiVirus'. ... an install from Dell and the NSW was a separate purchase. ...
  • Re: Cant send/rec e-mail - ?reinstall?
    ... > installed NSW without first uninstalling NAV? ... > part of Norton SystemWorks'> expand and follow the WinXP instructions under ... > 'To uninstall Norton SystemWorks if Add/Remove Programs does not work'> ...
  • Re: IE Blocks Wanted Popups
    ... I uninstalled NAV, I also uninstalled and reinstalled IE. ... Given that it might just be a temporary problem on the Reliant Energy page, is being able to view the page on this machine important enough that you'd consider reinstalling Windows? ... While I have seen where previously installed versions of NAV have indeed caused such a problem, let's put the Norton and Script Blocking matter aside: Does the problem persist on the Satellite if you uninstall SP2 via ... Reinstall NAV 2005. ...