Re: security update ?

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (dknox_at_mvps.org)
Date: 06/11/05

Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:58:39 -0400

A complete list of Post SP2 Critical Updates can be found at:

http://www.kurttrail.com/microscum/postsp2/

The downloads are directly from the Microsoft servers.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"beamish" <beamish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53DDB2DA-583A-4BBB-81C6-5121280E3EDC@microsoft.com...
> Hello, I downloaded the security updates for backup use. Is it possible to
> remove all files and folders of each update and keep the .exe files like
> (WindowsXP-KB834707-X86-ENU-EXE) and use just the .EXE files in case there is
> a need to reinstall the updates?
> Thank You.
> Take Care.
> beamish.

Relevant Pages

  • 0X800A01AD error in XP Update
    ... load the updates I need. ... unable to start new downloads or interact with existing download jobs. ... update; notifying dependent calls. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: xp updates not working
    ... I have Kaskpersky anti-virus personal, ... All my anti-virus software is up to date and I get regular downloads, ... windows Xp home ... |> | to switch the automatic updates off and my laptop is back to normal. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Switching Identities
    ... patches from windows updates! ... I have disabled VirusScan for emails. ... new computer that came pre-installed with Windows XP ... it downloads messages for identity. ...
  • Re: SP2 makes XP-Home/SP1 CD useless - other PC problems.
    ... connect to the internet and download updates.. ... But there again - the Active-X thing cropped up and I couldn't use the online removers. ... it even tells you to click on the bar to enable updates etc.. ... It still doesn't allow the downloads. ...
  • RE: Help please, Windows 2000 SP4 & Roll-up problems
    ... There have been updates. ... the install in "safe mode with networking". ... > that downloads about 500K first will not work. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)