Re: Remote Desktop on LAN

From: John (ein_shem_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/11/05

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:38:31 -0400

"WhiteZin2000" <Whitezin2000@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:3EPne.74281$J25.60549@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
> Here is the article for changing the listening port. perhaps this will
> help...
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306759 Other than
> that, double-check settings in firewall (naturally). Try connecting to each
> PC independently using a single rule in the firewall to test with. I am able to connect to the first computer (3389) though...
>
> Cheers!
> "John" <ein_shem@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It's not working....
>

> "WhiteZin2000" <Whitezin2000@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> If you have multiple PC's you want to connect to via Remote Desktop you
>> have
>> to change the TCP port remote Desktop listens for each additional PC.
>> Then,
>> you'll have to create rules in your firewall that coincide to the TCP port
>> each PC is listening on. When you connect from the Public internet you'll
>> include the TCP port in your Remtoe Desktop connection. For example,
>> suppose
>> your WAN IP is 68.12.13.44 and you have two PC's to Remote Desktop into
>> (PC
>> "A" and PC "B"). On PC "A" you leave the default listening port of 3389
>> but
>> for PC "B" you change the port to 3390. When you connect via Remote
>> Desktop
>> from the Internet, your destination for PC "A" would be '68.12.13.44' but
>> your destination for PC "B" would be '68.12.13.44:3390'. Of course, you'll
>> have to 1) make sure you have firewall rules which correspond to the
>> correct
>> PC and 2) make sure you are using DHCP reservations so the internal PC's
>> always get the same IP address (or manually configure IP info on the
>> target
>> PC's).
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> "John" <ein_shem@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> And this will connect me to the specific PC on the LAN??
>>> If so, what if I have more then one PCs on the LAN with Remote
>>> Desktop...?!
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: More on Remote Desktop
    ... I still won't be opening up a port on my firewall for it, ... The Remote Desktop ... > Yes a VPN will work just fine. ...
  • Re: XP to Vista Remote Assistance.
    ... Have the Vista end turn off the NLA requirement for Remote Desktop. ... RA on XP listened on the regular RDP port so that all the ... firewall and to the machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Terminal Services over port 80 over HTTPS only
    ... firewall does not allow RDP protocol calls due to which Terminal services ... Secure Gateway and 2008 TS can connect over SSL on port 443, ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... being used by the clients over the internet using Remote Desktop client ...
  • Re: What is the trick to get Windows XP firewall to stay on (after a reboot)?
    ... > While I did not explicitly state that the EPRT and PORT commands reached ... > Windows Firewall did not start a listen according to netstat -a and Port ... So, while a proxy would result in a new listening socket, a firewall does ... client sending a PORT command that it has chosen to send. ...
  • Re: What is the trick to get Windows XP firewall to stay on (after a reboot)?
    ... > While I did not explicitly state that the EPRT and PORT commands reached ... > Windows Firewall did not start a listen according to netstat -a and Port ... So, while a proxy would result in a new listening socket, a firewall does ... client sending a PORT command that it has chosen to send. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)