Re: Help! Cannot login to router...

From: Matt Gibson (mattg_at_blueedgetech.ca)
Date: 06/09/05

Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:46:04 -0700

This has nothing to do with windows.

Contact the company that makes the router if you're still having trouble.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"volleygod67" <volleygod67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, but I've tried all of that and it still will not let me login.
> It's
> not the router, but rather windows that isn't happy with my username and
> password. Even after changing them, it still will not let me in.
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> volleygod67 wrote:
>>
>> > Can someone please tell me why I cannot login to reconfigure my router
>> > settings. I go to 192.168.1.1 in my browser, and it gives me a little
>> > pop up screen to enter my user name and password. I do so, but it will
>> > still not allow access. I have changed my username, and password, to
>> > make sure, but it will not accept the new logins either. What am I
>> > doing wrong? Thanks so much.
>>
>> You are not entering in the correct user name and/or password. Perhaps
>> your caps lock is on. Look at the manual that came with your router to
>> find how to reset it to factory defaults and do so. Then you will be
>> able to log in with whatever the factory defaults are.
>>
>> Malke
>> --
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> "Don't Panic!"
>> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Relevant Pages

  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ IP ADDRESS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... block my ip address vista windows ... change public ip address linksys router ... setting up a network ip address ... warcraft server ip address ...
    (sci.misc)
  • >>>> LOG INTO <<<<
    ... Ip Refreshed Cannot Log Into Myspace ... Cannot Log Into Windows Nt ... How To Log Into Linksys Router ... Cant Log Into Yahoo Games Site ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: BIG PROBLEM - with firewalls sudden reboot
    ... I notice that if I disabled my software firewall Norton 2002 ... with them losing their net connection and restarting windows.. ... A google shows that the router you mentioned is a USB or Ethernet ... do a win xp reinstall or a win xp repair. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] ipsec communications with windows server
    ... Are you sure that the router quits sending messages, or is the windows ... I would make sure it is the router and not the windows box. ... time the router seems not to be sending logs to the syslog server on ... in other words i keep recieving logs from the router to the syslog ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: man in the middle
    ... MS-MVP - Windows Desktop Experience: ... Unplug one of your computers from the router. ... recreate them during the install. ... download the latest firmware for your router. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)