Migrating Multiple users from one computer to another.

From: DWilson (DWilson_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/03/05

Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:19:20 -0700

This is my first posting and even though I've done a search I haven't found
an answer to my problem. I apologize if it's been covered if I've simply
search the wrong keywords.

At any rate, We are currently a Novell site that is "probably" switching to
a Microsoft site "sometime over the next few months". We have between 50
and 200 new computers to deploy to users who already have loads of local data
and who are probably not going to be around for the next few months due to
summer holidays.

Looking at the File and Settings Tranfer Wizard and the User State Migration
Tool it seems these tools are designed for migrating a single user. We have
to run on the assumption that every computer will have at least two local
user accounts on them and there may be as many as 10 local user acounts or
more. How can we migrate multiple users including local data which may not
be stored in their user profile?

Primarily we will be migrating from Windows XP to Windows XP but we do have
a few Windows 98 systems as well.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great!

Thanks.

I hope I've provided enough information.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Open letter to MS
    ... automatic update on its 15 Windows SP computers has kept us out of problems. ... We did receive a Windows XP SP2 CD and installed it on all computers. ... > migrating my users over to Linux. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Slow PC after migration from NT4.0 SRV to SBS 2003 R2
    ... Everything when fine folowing the article "Migrating from Small ... Business Server 4.5 or Windows NT Server 4.0 to Windows Small ... We also add new computers to the "new" domain. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Error on windows xp with a macro created in excel 2000 and windows 2000
    ... I have a macro creted in excel 2000 and windows 2000 that function OK in others computers with same Operating System. ... But I am migrating to Windows XP /excel 2000 and the users with windows XP the macro don't function. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: Problem migrating client computers
    ... from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003? ... Migrating from Small Business Server 2000 or Windows 2000 Server to Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: windows NT to Win2K3 with Exchange 5.5 to Exchang 2K3
    ... Windows XP PC there is not problem. ... converted most of the desktops to XP, but will not be migrating all before ... > Use NetDom or Active Directory Domains and Trusts to verify the trusts. ... > Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. ...