Re: lost the lot

From: uccme (uccme_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/03/05

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:48:01 -0700

hi there.
if your xp is legitimate it should of come with the installation disk. By
law when you purchase a computer they should of provide you with all the
installation disks.So it sounds like it is dodgy.Knowing what is inside in
your machine you should be able to download all your drivers from the net.As
to not backing up your precious collection>?what should we say>? Always back
up your data!I guess you will from now on!
Best Regards

--
uccme
"shaggysmum" wrote:
> thanx for all your help matt,i have learnt a lot and i have you to thank for
> that.
> i still don't have any sound though because i cannot get anywhere with
> information about e machines,inc imperial revision 0.90,i need the drivers
> for my sound coz they seem to be on the motherboard.
> everywhere i go about e machines they laugh coz i guess they are trying to
> say they are crap.by the way i put an old graphics card in only coz i didnt
> have any good colour before,i guess i need the drivers for that as well.
>
> "Matt Gibson" wrote:
>
> > *grin* Glad you've calmed down a bit!
> >
> > Now, let's get you fixed!  Do you have internet access?
> >
> > If so, you might want to go to www.belarc.com and download the belarc
> > advisor.  That'll help us to figure out what kind of components are in the
> > machine.
> >
> > Matt Gibson - GSEC
> >

> > "shaggysmum" <shaggysmum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > thanks matt,sorry i sound peed off but i have spent a lot of time on this
> > > and
> > > i feel i am not getting anywhere.
> > > i am trying to sort out a good computer for myself and my kids after going
> > > to college and now i feel and look a complete dickhead because i cannot
> > > get
> > > anywhere.
> > > if my copy of xp pro is not legitimate then again that is not my fault i
> > > would not have bought it if i knew it was dodgy.
> > > i bought the whole computer with a lot of stuff already installed and i am
> > > now paying the price.
> > > naive me.i haven't got a lot of time left on this oh so cruel planet and
> > > was
> > > just trying to sort some things out so at least i did something good.
> > > thank you for your help and good luck with everything.
> > > by the way my real name is mark and you can see me on msn as
> > > themainmullsey
> > > of which in cannot even access that anymore because my id was stolen. i
> > > cannot sign in anymore under that name.
> > > i did try to get some help but to no avail and that is why i sound
> > > angry,sorry if i offended you or anyone else.cheers mate. mark

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Server 2003 Audio drivers
    ... I have found a simple way to install drivers in win2003 for devices ... Go to devise manager and update/install the driver for your sound card ... directory on your old xp/home installation, not the one on your new ... (the files you have are newer because win2k3 is newer than xp/home). ...
  • Re: XP sound problems
    ... A quick search on google reveals many who have problems with Realtek AC97 ... Try downloading the latest drivers here ... and follow installation instructions here ... > My XP lappy has recently started to experience sound problems. ...
  • Re: Playing ogg files
    ... > or OSS? ... I've got a Via motherboard w/ built-in sound card, ... triggered installation of alsa-utils and alsa-base. ... Are there other sound drivers I should ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Sound card message
    ... Your system is perhaps unhappy with the currently installed drivers? ... Perhaps a file is damaged or missing - so reinstall them. ... can sometimes interfere with software installation. ... 'onboard' sound chip on it, and you also have a sound PCI expansion card ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Microphone Not Working
    ... I am not sure which sound card is installed but it is not on board and the ... sound works fine so the drivers must be correct. ... > enabled by the default installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)