Re: Access to files when two OS are installed on the same PC

From: Jerry (NoSpamChiefZeke_at_MSN.com)
Date: 05/31/05

Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:26:20 -0700

Did you 'Share' the folders and allow others to make changes?

"Rossen Tzonev" <rossenbg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have resently installed two OS on my PC - Window XP and Windows XP 64bit
> Edition. I have a question about accessing files, when I am logged into
> one of them. The problem is:
>
> Files & Folders, created when I am logged in Windows XP for example are
> visible & readable into the Windows XP-64, but I can not delete or modify
> them. And the opposite situation is valid too. What I can do so that I can
> make changes into the file system regardless which OS I am logged in
> currently ?
>
> 10x
>
> p.s. I am not an expert into Windows Security
>
> --
> Rossen Tzonev
> Sofia, Bulgaria

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to Share folders over a network for workgroups - not working?
    ... Is this server where files and folders are created member of domain? ... > in Human Resources Work Group. ... >> Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ...
  • Re: Dissappearing Disk Space
    ... Microsoft eats your hard drive space a lot with the Windows Security ... I have a new PC since four months, and some Gigabytes ... Look at the following folders and all ... I think that this Microsoft Policy should be rejected as unacceptable. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Dissappearing Disk Space
    ... Microsoft eats your hard drive space a lot with the Windows Security ... I have a new PC since four months, and some Gigabytes ... Look at the following folders and all ... I think that this Microsoft Policy should be rejected as unacceptable. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Moved & Deleted Files
    ... (for files at least, not the folders). ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ... > server for which no one has access except the administrator. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Object auditing: event log doesnt show which object is being audi
    ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ... > I'm attempting to setup auditing on my windows 2000 server. ... > when users access specific folders. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)