File sharing

From: Paul Froehle (pfroehle_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/31/05

Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:47:33 -0500

I have and XP pro with all security updates and
a Windows ME with all security updates.

At some point my file and print sharing changed.
Before it worked perfectly.

Now I can share folders and printers on the ME from the XP system,
but when ME tries to access the XP printer or a shared folder,
I get password not accepted.

Both system use the same login "paul"

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Paul . . . pfroehle@hotmail.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do I stop from having to click the Icon to laod personal s
    ... I did have the security updates for 2.0, ... I've gotten Windows XP SP2 loaded and configured and all of ... Download and install TweakUI from Microsoft. ... Enter the name of your user account in the User Name box. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Windows Xp - MS Photo Editor stopped working after 03/02 updat
    ... Did you have to re-enable Automatic Updates on 02 MAR? ... security updates had not been installed. ... able to crop a JPEG file. ... Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - FEB 2010 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: KB951748
    ... Support for Windows Update: ... How do they download the fix when MS find one? ... security updates, I uninstalled them both, re-booted and was ... followed the same install - uninstall procedure of the security ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: KB983583; KB982524 fail to install
    ... Files in This Download ... no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY ... Start a free Windows Update support incident email request: ... Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)