Problems installing Norton I S 2005

From: dhanna (dhanna_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/26/05

Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:18:04 -0700

I have tried to install NIS 2005 on my machine which I upgraded to XP Pro
SP2. First time the system hanged up while installing. Any number of attempts
after that the CD failed to respond to Install button from intro screen.
Supplier has supplied a replacement CD, still no joy.
I have tried setting up trial version from symantec, same.
In the Add/Remove it lists NIS2005.
Please any MVP can you advise.

Regards.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Faxing...
    ... My computer was purchase pre SP2 times. ... The first time I did use the fax was ... Do I need to do another system restore? ... you should install fax before you install SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: windows xp system properties does not show correct sp
    ... showed no SP the first time. ... I didn't reinstall SP2 after the DLL register. ... When I ran the windows update, it wanted to install SP1 express. ...
  • Re: Ready to Install Office Home & Student 2007 Edition
    ... Its not entirely down to MS, your supplier has some responsibility. ... If you purchased a fax modem it will usually have been supplied fax ... transcription with Word, which makes your intended use a ... Will install sometime in the ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Office CoA doesnt have 25-character Product Key??
    ... However, looking at the CoA on the box, there doesn't appear to be a 25-character key to enter - it certainly doesn't look the same as the one at www.howtotell.com. ... The laptop's an Acer running Vista Home Premium, and was supplied with a trial version of office which I could install and activate - however I completely uninstalled the 'installation package' first, before using my CD. ... Th supplier is an internet one based in the UK; hadn't heard of them before but from their site I would be *extremely* surprised if they were doing anything underhand. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Office CoA doesnt have 25-character Product Key??
    ... the first thing that happens is that I'm prompted to enter the 25-character product key. ... However, looking at the CoA on the box, there doesn't appear to be a 25-character key to enter - it certainly doesn't look the same as the one at www.howtotell.com. ... The laptop's an Acer running Vista Home Premium, and was supplied with a trial version of office which I could install and activate - however I completely uninstalled the 'installation package' first, before using my CD. ... Th supplier is an internet one based in the UK; hadn't heard of them before but from their site I would be *extremely* surprised if they were doing anything underhand. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)