Re: Untraceble email back to my computer/identity ?

From: andy smart (anonymus_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/26/05

Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:33:48 +0100

Alan Connor wrote:
> On comp.mail.misc, in
> <1117051261.763001.195860@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> "internet@spamhole.com" wrote:
>

>>Hello
>>
>>I live in a non-US country
>

> Sure you do. And you are stupid enough to expect us to
> believe a word you say after going on (snipped part below)
> about using proxies and anonymous remailers, which you
> are obviously very familiar with.
>

>>and would like to report something
>>illegal via email, however I am fearful of the email being
>>traced back to me somehow.
>

> Right.
>
> If you want to report something illegal anonymously, use
> snail mail.
>
> That's what people with brains do.

Not if they know they are a suspect and know anything about modern
forensic document analysis. If you are sure you are not being followed
and can get access to a computer then I would suggest that you would be
safer using email than post if you wanted to be a whistleblower.

> Trolls, not having any brains, are always looking for ways
> to post to various servers anonymously.
>
> They don't realize that the only reason that no one has
> tracked them down (or rather, bothered to do anything
> with that information) is that no one has any reason
> to do so: Trolls don't DO anything but run their
> ignorant mouths on the Internet.

Yes they do, they live under bridges......

> No one is going to take information that comes via
> an 'anonymous' email seriously. Unlike trolls, most
> people have functioning minds.

Actually, I'd tend to disagree with that. It's like saying that nobdy
takes what comes in an unsigned note seriously and law enforcement
organizations do that all the time.

> <snip>
>
> Spealing of trolls, I see that "Sam" has posted
> something again.
>
> 174:[Sam ] XXXXXXX
>
> My newsreader strips the body, and extraneous headers from
> the posts of known trolls, and changes the Subject to
> XXXXXX as above.
>
> I suppose that he is complaining about his Mommy not
> changing his diapers often enough again.
>
> AC

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Untraceble email back to my computer/identity ?
    ... > If you want to report something illegal anonymously, ... > That's what people with brains do. ... > Trolls, not having any brains, are always looking for ways ... > They don't realize that the only reason that no one has ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: My real life identity as a muntjac revealed by troll
    ... is Mr McDonnel and for exactly the same reason. ... other than getting into fights and spanking trolls. ... even Loz lol). ... lameass school where seniors can't do unit conversions. ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Migration patterns of RWNW/DHs
    ... appearance of RWNWs happens around here. ... For some reason they go off ... Those trolls last week sure had nutbar pedigrees. ... true hatred for what constitutional democracy stands for. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Conservative Deadheads and a question for Ray and Darren
    ... For some reason they go off ... Those trolls last week sure had nutbar pedigrees. ... I had to pass some communal/socio-political litmus test. ... Where do I submit my application to become a deadhead? ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Conservative Deadheads and a question for Ray and Darren
    ... appearance of RWNWs happens around here. ... For some reason they go off ... Those trolls last week sure had nutbar pedigrees. ... they come back on special occasions tto provoke and bait us. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)