Re: Reformatting hard drive with corrupted OS

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (
Date: 05/25/05

Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:17:30 -0400

Yes, the downside is that you won't be able to boot your computer, as the boot files are on the C: drive.

on the C: drive. Do not format, just delete anything you don't want. You can edit BOOT.INI to remove the old reference to the installation on the C: drive.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.