Re: Sharing and Security button is missing

From: Wesley Vogel (123WVogel955_at_comcast.net)
Date: 05/24/05

Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:24:28 -0600

John,

1. Who knows? Why is there air?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Policies\Explorer
Value Name: NoSecurityTab
Value Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: 0 or 1
0 = Security Tab
1 = No Security Tab

XP Pro???

[[Remove Security tab

Administrative Template: System
Policy Node: USER
Policy Path: Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Explorer
Help/Explain Text: Removes the Security tab from Windows Explorer. If you
enable this setting, users opening the Properties dialog box for all file
system objects, including folders, files, shortcuts, and drives, will not be
able to access the Security tab. As a result, users will be able to neither
change the security settings nor view a list of all users that have access
to the resource in question. If you disable or do not configure this
setting, users will be able to access the security tab.
Registry Settings:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
NoSecurityTab ]]
http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=552

--
Hope this helps.  Let us know.