Re: Reactivation

From: Lojax2 (Lojax2_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/24/05

Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:20:06 -0700

I'm sorry that my memory is not as good as you. Not sure when I bought the
pc but XP was installed when I bought it. I can get in and sign on my PC but
then I get a notice that now XP is saying that microsoft cannot verify the
license of this product. Only microsoft can reactivate. Do I want to
reactivate and when I say yes it goes to my background and then nothing else.
 Nothing comes up after that. Anyone out there can HELP me?

"River_Rat" wrote:

> Windows XP has only been released to the public for about 3.5 years.
>
> Start>Run>(type) %systemroot%\system32\oobe\ms­oobe.exe /a (notice the space
> exe & /a)
> If unable to active over the internet the activate by phone.
>
> --
> Good Day
> River Rat
>

> "Lojax2" <Lojax2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I see many have had a problem with XP requiring reactivation. What do I do
> if I don't have a disk because it was installed when I bought the PC about 5
> years ago?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OFFICE XP stopped working after moving to new HD
    ... The installer cleaner didn't effect or ... >> My old Hard drive was dying, so I bought a new one, and let Maxtor move all ... >> I tried to use my Office XP Pro Suite and it wanted to reactivate. ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • OFFICE XP stopped working after moving to new HD
    ... My old Hard drive was dying, so I bought a new one, and let Maxtor move all ... I tried to use my Office XP Pro Suite and it wanted to reactivate. ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Computer NG?
    ... hard drive you bought from Y, and the memory you bought from Z will ... but if their price is way off I go elsewhere. ... stores will have much better selections and prices than most big chain ... Multi format memory card reader. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Zune, Zune, Zune!
    ... in a bind in any way. ... The CDs I previously bought still work as they did before, ... That means you are hosed trying to play it, etc., on your PC. ... I think what is most diabolical about all this is that Microsoft created ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: New Xbox 360 dies within 24 hours of purchase
    ... Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, ... buying a car without the doors, given that Microsoft make stuff for PCs. ... "Microsoft make stuff for PCs", ... The £600 would have bought our family a slap-up week in Morecambe. ...
    (uk.games.video.xbox)