changing read only attributes in Windows XP Pro

From: Tony (Tony_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/24/05

    Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 15:10:57 -0700

    I am trying to use briefcase to synchronise files between my laptop and
    desktop. I am having problems with read only rights of the files from
    desktop. In windows explorer they are displayed as editable (not read only)
    but when I am opening them in Word for example they show (read only). I have
    checked the rights using attrib command and it is showing like Windows
    Explorer that the attributes are not set to read only. Where from programs
    are getting this read only attribute ? How I can fix it for the whole
    directory not just individual files ?

    Thanks for suggestions.

    Tony

    • Re: Confirm Stream Loss errors....
      ... > rights over the files. ... The sort of data concerned is things like NTFS ... I found that if I right-click on one of these files in Windows Explorer and ... Where did this Security thing comes from and can I get it off of all of my ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: cant access logon script using UNC path
      ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... or run it from explorer by using GPO Mgmt snap-in to open the folder ... opening the folder it is in using Windows Explorer after I've logged ... No errors were logged pertaining to trying to access the script ...
    • Re: Help: I cant delete a file on a mapped network drive using vb.net!
      ... Sounds like a rights issue. ... and set the security as such that you can delete the ... > windows explorer either" ... Prev by Date: ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
    • Re: What happened to (file) "Search"?
      ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... only reply to Newsgroups ... Not to ask too stupid a question, but where is my file search ... > If windows explorer is opened, chekc the upper right corner, there you ...
    • Re: Someone had DNA sample taken for complaining?
      ... Normally a lengthy wait is required for Police arrival. ... I've never said that you don't have any rights of this nature. ... Toshiba laptop. ... pre-paid sticker to send the machine to their Mastercare repair centre ...
      (uk.politics.misc)