Re: Set Folder permissions for whole drive

From: SKS (info2knospam_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 05/23/05

Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 07:50:10 -0700

Thanks a lot for pointing that out! I did not even realize the setting panel
was right there even though I went into it to reset the ownership!

I really appreciate your response. It has considerably eased what would
otherwise be a pretty time-consuming task.

Regards and thanks again.

SKS

"Juan" <soyquiensoy@terra.com> wrote in message
> Just check in Security\Permissions\where it reads "Replace permission
> entries in all secondary objects with those included here etc........... "
> The permissions you set on the main folder or drive will be inherited to
> all
> subfolders. on the additional drives you can remove user groups in the
> Security tab and add them again before you exit... that will set default
> permission settings automatically.....
>
> Regards.

> "SKS" <info2knospam@yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje
>> I shall much appreciate if somebody can let me know how to set folder
>> permissions globally for all folders and files on any selected drive. I
> have
>> 5 additional drives on one machine and during a reinstall of the OS seem
>> have lost the Security settings (Groups and User permissions). Taking
>> ownership restored access. However, each folder (and sub-folders) all
>> seem
>> to have different allowed Groups and User permission setting.
>>
>> I need to be able to set the Groups and Users settings in any selected
>> drives "Properties>Security=Groups and user names:" to all read the same.
>> can do this going into each folder and sub-folder one by one too, but was
>> wondering if it could be done globally.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any tips.
>>
>> SKS

Relevant Pages

  • RE: WINDOWS DOES NOT REMEMBER LOGON CREDENTIALS
    ... Outlook erases passwords even though "remember password" is ticked. ... It is strange how the settings Right and the Implementation doesn't apply or ... By looking on the Permission assigned you can adjust it to give the Admin ... Right-click the Protected Storage System Provider key, ...
  • RE: WINDOWS DOES NOT REMEMBER LOGON CREDENTIALS
    ... On the Internet E-mail settings where you insert the POP3/IMAP/SMTP under ... By looking on the Permission assigned you can adjust it to give the Admin ... Double-click the Protected Storage System Provider key to expand the key, ...
  • Re: Run the Application from the Clearcase
    ... no need to change the settings in all the PCS it is installed. ... > NO idea about the clearcase case, but you need to give permission to apps ... > Configuration / configure security settings. ... >> SourceControlor from Shared drives, ...
  • RE: WINDOWS DOES NOT REMEMBER LOGON CREDENTIALS
    ... My mail settings ... By looking on the Permission assigned you can adjust it to give the Admin ... Double-click the Protected Storage System Provider key to expand the key, ... click the user subkey folder that is directly below the Protected Storage ...
  • Re: restrict access to AD:USER properties for a particular set of
    ... The settings that you define at the OU permission level ... to advanced security settings, selct add, select Jane Doe and then ther ... You can choose user accounts, ...