Re: help with smit fraud trojan

From: Mark (Mark_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/23/05

Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 07:08:05 -0700

When experiencing problems like this i find it far more logical to backup the
data and reinstall a fresh copy of th OS. This way it is sorted within a
couple of hours instead of dragging on for days.

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> From: "joestar" <joestar@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | i am having trouble with my home computer. i have windows xp. i cannot remove
> | the smit.fraud trojan-spy. i have read other threads in this discussion
> | forum but i apparently have an additional problem. i am being denied access
> | to the internet , so i am unable to download any patches or fixes. please
> | help if possible. thank you.
>

> Please read and follow the directions posted at the following URL
>
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=75890
>
> Please report back your results.
>

> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: help with smit fraud trojan
    ... > When experiencing problems like this i find it far more logical to backup ... > data and reinstall a fresh copy of th OS. ... To backup their data, perform a clean install, download and install drivers ... and Windows updates, reinstall programs, then restore the data takes at ...
  • Re: ITunes Help
    ... reinstall it. ... I am starting with a fresh copy. ... Is your actual iTunes folder gone in your computer? ... I made one backup to switch iPod's, but the next time I tried it, it ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: mxip_notify.vol corrupted
    ... Cingular 8125 running WM5.0 and have the same issue, ... I have perhaps a dozen separate alarms going off (with different ... The only solution I had found was to perform a backup (sunnysoft backup ... It looks like the access to the file or the file is experiencing problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • mxip_notify.vol corrupted
    ... All other events are not triggering any alerts either... ... The only solution I had found was to perform a backup (sunnysoft backup ... It looks like the access to the file or the file is experiencing problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: corrupt emails - failed backup
    ... > This is not a recommended backup method. ... > should you need to restore a mailbox (when did you have to do this last ... >> Been experiencing problems with backup exec. ... It seems that corrupt emails ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.information.store)