RE: help with smit fraud trojan

From: Mark (Mark_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/22/05

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 14:25:01 -0700

Try booting in safe mode first. then clear cookies, and all temp files

"joestar" wrote:

> i am having trouble with my home computer. i have windows xp. i cannot remove
> the smit.fraud trojan-spy. i have read other threads in this discussion
> forum but i apparently have an additional problem. i am being denied access
> to the internet , so i am unable to download any patches or fixes. please
> help if possible. thank you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ?Cache full?
    ... Cookies are very small, whereas every graphic, video and web site remains in the ... temporary folder until it is emptied. ... > It would almost sound like this person uses all those temp files in whatever ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: OT: Harddrive Utilities
    ... clean out adware, spyware, temp files, harddrive errors?? ... A lot of programs keep a lot of cookies of advertising ... your registry and dlls. ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: my.yahoo.com wont update
    ... Mine is also stuck on March 9. ... I tried everything as well (cookies, ... temp files, history, ...) ... I have 2 PCs on my home network ...
  • Re: HTTP 500 Internal server error
    ... cookies and temp files again and no luck. ... >Are you still getting the same error message. ... >Internet Files it may help. ...
  • Re: OT: To RecGroups Owner Operator or anybody that can suggest something
    ... On Dec 18 2009 8:38 AM, Raider Fan wrote: ... I tried clearing the cookies and temp files in 'Internet Options' ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)