Re: SP2 Firewall, Cannot disable

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (dknox_at_mvps.org)
Date: 05/20/05

Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:49:55 -0400

Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile

and/or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\DomainProfile

Look in the right pane for a value called EnableFirewall. If it exists, double click it and set it to 0 (zero), or right click it and select Delete.

It may be necessary to reboot to see the change.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"HyperInferno" <HyperInferno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E35580F1-4AB3-4788-AFA7-9C9FD64FFB75@microsoft.com...
>i am haveing trouble in that i have a external firewall, and windows is not
> detecting it, i have tryed to disable the windows firewall but the option is
> grayed out.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What are two modes of Windows Explorer?
    ... Common Tasks pane... ... Windows displays these links by default, ... so they may already be displayed in your folders. ... Shows the tree view, with the folders and the sign in the left hand ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WinXP "Search" window opens totally blank <== Problem solved!!!
    ... I applied the folderpane.reg fix and my Search pane is working normally now! ... When you open Windows Explorer, you may notice that the folder pane in the left side is completely greyed out. ... Try this command: ... The Install command is completely unavailable to ...
  • Re: Windows Explorer - file preview in left window?
    ... Please check in the lower left corner of the *left* pane (the Details ... Regards, ... Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User] ...
  • Re: Windows Explorer Opening options?
    ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... What I would really like to achieve with a shortcut is an Explorer two pane ... Malcolm H ... I almost never want this view so have to click the 'Folders' icon to ...
  • Re: Twist on "Tools | Folder Options" & Classic Style [Attn: Ramesh and Rogers (et, al
    ... Troubleshooting Windows XP ... "Search Assistant" or the "Summary Statistics" (System Tasks; ... "My Computer" I get the dual pane with the "Search Assistant" ... Button" I get the "Folder" pane on the left but in both cases ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)