Re: Firewall-Error 2001

From: Malke (notreally_at_invalid.com)
Date: 05/19/05

Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:10:16 -0700

wadp1 wrote:

> Malke,
>
> I have a similar problem, but KB892350 doesn't help me. I have also
> tried restarting Security center service, etc., to no avail.
> My wife's gonna kill me if I don't get her back online soon!
> Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated!!

OK, make a new post describing the problem in detail. Be sure to include
information about the system, how you connect to the internet (method
and ISP, if you network and if so with what), the virus/malware status
of the computer, etc.

Here is information about how to set up a newsreader, which is a better
way to access these groups than using the clumsy web interface:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting

Malke

--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Relevant Pages

  • FAQ von de.sci.genealogie <2005-10-01> v1.37
    ... Newsgroups und Newsreader ... Wo erhalte ich Hilfestellung im Umgang mit Newsgroups? ... Die Einleitungszeile, welche vielfach vom Newsreader vorgegeben wird, hat ...
    (de.sci.genealogie)
  • FAQ von de.sci.genealogie <2006-03-01> v1.39
    ... Newsgroups und Newsreader ... Wo erhalte ich Hilfestellung im Umgang mit Newsgroups? ... Die Einleitungszeile, welche vielfach vom Newsreader vorgegeben wird, hat ...
    (de.sci.genealogie)
  • Re: Group Policy Editor
    ... Why can't limited accounts and guest accounts run software I install ... Try using a news client, such as Forte Agent, Thunderbird, or even Outlook ... rather than the pretty clunky web interface to the newsgroups. ... Here's information on Usenet and using a newsreader: ...
  • Re: Messages of "Make sure you typed the name correctly"
    ... Double-click on same item again - it opens with no problem. ... You are using a web interface that just slurps Usenet ... You should consider setting up a newsreader to access these groups ... Here are some links to information about newsgroups: ...
  • Re: XP Pro will not shut down, and CPU often reeves
    ... this is a whole new "game" for me. ... much less the "engine gunning" sound. ... Here are some links to information about newsgroups: ... Using Outlook Express as Newsreader: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)