Re: Task Manager will not capture info

From: Carey Frisch [MVP] (cnfrisch_at_nospamgmail.com)
Date: 05/17/05

Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:57:58 -0500

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/s­scv6/default.asp?langid=ie&ven­id=sym

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
 "JoanieP" wrote:
| There is an icon that flashes along the bottom of our screen periodically.
| The icon is blank.  We have no idea what process or program is causing this.
| There is concern that it could be spyware.  I have tried to run task manager
| and see if it will capture what this process or program is, but it does not
| seem to register it.  Does anyone have a clue as to how I can go about
| capturing info about what this might be?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PC infected with Spyware
    ... Symantec Security Check ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites ... Description of the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP ...
  • Re: some windows instantly close
    ... Symantec Security Check ... Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware ... Description of the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP ...
  • Re: host file hacked
    ... Home Page Hijacking - Has Your Browser Been Hijacked? ... Symantec Security Check ... Please visit the Internet Explorer newsgroup experts: ... Windows XP - Shell/User ...
  • Re: On Line Sending & Receiving
    ... Symantec Security Check ... Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware ... Description of the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Please help me identify and remove this virus!!
    ... Symantec Security Check ... Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software ... Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies: ... | If you want to cancel active desktop click OK!! ...