firewall software upgrade recomindation

From: marty12983 (marty12983_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/17/05

Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:12:01 -0700

i have 3 computers on a local lan for home use , i want to upgrade the
firewall software on them , i want to be able to allow or block by address ,
such as allow two ip subnets and single p.c.s to do print and file share but
deny all other subnets. is there a firewall that can do this for less than
$60 for all three computers,
what vendor and software do you recomend ?,
unless windows XP service pack 2 firewall can allow and deny by ip subnets,
if so , where is the instructions to do this on windows help or microsoft
web?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The current architecture is broken
    ... I run XP Pro, the latest Norton AV and Firewall, ... > correctly will simply stop using computers (I have a friend who fits ... And firewall software is built into Windows XP, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: firewall software upgrade recomindation
    ... This is easy with WinXP's firewall. ... > i have 3 computers on a local lan for home use, ... > deny all other subnets. ... where is the instructions to do this on windows help or microsoft ...
  • Re: firewall software upgrade recomindation
    ... > firewall software on them, i want to be able to allow or block by ... > subnets, if so, where is the instructions to do this on windows help ... Outpost Firewall Pro has a family license (up to five computers) for $75 ...
  • Re: Black,Blue,andBlack again
    ... then me rebooting more times than I can count. ... seriously and have always used ZoneAlarm, ... This way in the past we have been able to stop our computers from being ... We have now tried using another firewall software called Sygate Personal ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Sharing a printer
    ... Here are general network troubleshooting steps. ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall; or 2) inadvertently running two firewalls such as the built-in Windows Firewall and a third-party firewall; and/or 3) not having identical user accounts and passwords on all Workgroup machines; 4) trying to create shares where the operating system does not permit it. ... On the assumption that you in fact do have a router that connects to the Internet and that your computers then connect to the router, then if you think that you have one IP for multiple computers then you probably are using a website tool such as http://whatismyip.com/ That shows the your public IP address -- the one that the rest of the world sees. ...