Re: AntiSpyware alone sufficient

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 05/11/05

Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:07:53 -0400

From: "Gerhard" <gfheiche@hotmail.com>

| On my computer are installed (besides the XP firewall), MS AntiSpyware Beta
| 1,
|
| AVG7.0.308 and
|
| LavaSoft Adaware 6.
|
| Do I need all three, or would AntiSpyware do the job alone?
|
| Thanks in advance, Gerhard

You need to replace Ad-aware6 with Ad-aware SE v1.05. Ad-aware6 is no longer supported nor
updated !

I also suggest you download and use SpyBot Search and Destroy v1.3

The combination of AVg 7.x, Ad-aware and SpyBot S&D should keep you good. However, if you
don't practice Safe Hex, all the software in the world won't help you.

As for MS Anti Spyware. It is a Beta software and I haven't and don't suggest it until it
comes out of Beta status.
In addition, MS Anti Spyware is NOT a substitute for anti virus software.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm