Re: AntiSpyware alone sufficient

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 05/11/05

Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:07:53 -0400

From: "Gerhard" <gfheiche@hotmail.com>

| On my computer are installed (besides the XP firewall), MS AntiSpyware Beta
| 1,
|
| AVG7.0.308 and
|
| LavaSoft Adaware 6.
|
| Do I need all three, or would AntiSpyware do the job alone?
|
| Thanks in advance, Gerhard

You need to replace Ad-aware6 with Ad-aware SE v1.05. Ad-aware6 is no longer supported nor
updated !

I also suggest you download and use SpyBot Search and Destroy v1.3

The combination of AVg 7.x, Ad-aware and SpyBot S&D should keep you good. However, if you
don't practice Safe Hex, all the software in the world won't help you.

As for MS Anti Spyware. It is a Beta software and I haven't and don't suggest it until it
comes out of Beta status.
In addition, MS Anti Spyware is NOT a substitute for anti virus software.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: protection
    ... Remember the MS anti spyware is in beta and no. 1 to boot. ... >i have just downloaded windows anti spyware but not sure whether installing ... for spyware and kerio firewall and avg ...
  • Re: Spyware,Malware scanner
    ... maybe microsoft antispy beta??? ... spybot search and destroy, and hijackthis, plus my own experience on ...
  • Re: spyware or virus?
    ... I use spybot search & destroy and adaware se ... personal and I am as well now using microsoft's beta. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ***** sp2 bREAKS eVERYTHING!!!!! *****
    ... Beta anything can be problematic. ... definition - is a work in progress. ... > MS AntiSpyware Beta has caused me some problems. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: AntiSpyware not beta listed
    ... "Michael Jennings" wrote in message ... >> Beta software should be offered through Windows Update. ... >> most likely only applies to Beta of Updates such as SP-2 ... >>> The corporate website is pushing the AntiSpyware beta hard. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)