Re: A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?

From: MowGreen [MVP] (mowgreen_at_nowandzen.com)
Date: 05/11/05

Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 18:36:57 -0700

Xavier,

Go to the Control Panel and open Internet Options. Click the Advanced
tab. Check the boxes next to " Disable Script Debugging (Internet
Explorer) " and " Disable Script Debugging (Other) ". Uncheck the
boxnext to " Display a notification about every script error ".
Click Apply, then OK.

MowGreen [MVP 2004-2005]
===============
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Xavier wrote:

> I have Windows XP Pro with SP2 and ALL the subsequent updates. When using
> Internet Explorer and trying to display some url (web page) I get sometimes a
> display of an error message dialog window that says:
> "ERROR
> X A Runtime Error has occurred.
> Do you wish to Debug?
> Error: Syntax error
> YES NO"
> When clicking NO, often the error window re-displays again, sometimes this
> repeats three to five times.
> Does anybody know what causes this error window to display and how to fix
> this?
> Thanks for the help!
> Xavier

Relevant Pages

  • RE: OWA doesnt display sent items
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... Open Internet Information Service Manager. ... Right-click the Default Web Site, ... OWA doesn't display sent items ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Pictures and Images did not display.
    ... > brouser did not display any picture or images at all. ... Clear the IE cache from IE> Tools> Internet ... HOSTS file that contains entries that are blocking access to the desired ...
  • Re: Pictures in forwarded messages
    ... Clear the IE cache from IE> Tools> Internet ... I am unable to display pictures that are forwarded to me. ... > or contains entries that are blocking access to the desired site. ...
  • Re: Whats happened to Microsoft Support?
    ... Can you see the rest of the MS web site okay, ... Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage ... You are not connected to the Internet. ... server, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: IE not displaying all graphics
    ... Clear the IE cache from IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete files and Delete offline content. ... Web Pages Display a Red "X" Instead of a Graphic ... HOSTS file that contains entries that are blocking access to the desired ... IE not displaying all graphics on several web pages. ...