Re: Can't do a system restore

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (dknox_at_mvps.org)
Date: 05/06/05

Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:09:46 -0400

Hi,

Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore

Look in the right pane for the following values:

DisableSR
DisableConfig

If either of these values exists, double click it and change its value to 0 (zero). If they don't exist, right click in blank area of the right pane, select New, DWord value and give it the appropriate name. Leave it at 0. You shouldn't have to, but you may need to reboot for the change to take effect.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Kittykat49" <Kittykat49@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01871C2E-9857-4108-815C-F9C64B6FE531@microsoft.com...
>i am running xp home
> --
> Proud Army Wife
>

> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Are you running XP Pro or XP Home??
>>
>> --
>> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
>> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
>> http://www.dougknox.com
>> --------------------------------
>> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
>> --------------------------------
>> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>>
>> "Kittykat49" <Kittykat49@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:092447B7-97FB-4F69-B998-F6CFDFB40B27@microsoft.com...
>> >I have been trying to do a system restore on my computer but i can't because
>> > i get a message saying that the system restore has been shut off and to turn
>> > it back on i need to contact my domain administrator, what happened and how
>> > do i fix it?
>> > --
>> > Proud Army Wife

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ActiveX Help and Support Center SP2
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... >>Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Forgot my password...
    ... Doug Knox MS-MVP Wrote: ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart ... > Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Why wont IIS serve ASP files?
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ... Does that install as part of some other routine or component? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Log onto network and stay logged?
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... >> access a directory on the server, it prompts for a log in. ...
  • Re: Admin Password Forgotten
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...