Re: Renaming Printers

From: peterk (peterk_at_nomalarky.net)
Date: 05/06/05

Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 18:51:45 -0600

When I go to control panel/printers etc and right click a printer one of
the options is rename.........
will that do the trick??
peter

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"JerryT" <JerryT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> AWe have someone in our office that travels between several offices and
> uses
> networked printers at each one.  He would like to rename the printers in
> his
> "printers and faxes" applet so that when he goes to select a printer from
> the
> drop down box within and application (i.e. Word), he can tell at a glance
> which printer for the particular office he is in, he needs to select.
> Is there a way to rename the printers with in the applet to relect how he
> need to use them?
> He is using windows XP pro edition with sp2
> Any information would be greatly appreciated

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Word printing problem
    ... I started Word in safe mode, opened a document and clicked print and chose 2 ... > If that works...you have a corrupt registry key for Word ... Rename this also to oldoptions and hit ... > printers, a Brother ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Renaming Printers
    ... Unfortunately that option to "rename" is not available ... > "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving ... >> networked printers at each one. ...
  • Re: Device naming
    ... displays/printers anything I want? ... FRED, and Printers could be SAM, SALLY, RICK, ERIC, and that will ... But if I plug in a new device or start a new iseries access session it ... as new it will create it accordingly, you can then rename it. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Re: How can i change the name of the autocreated printers???
    ... Automatic renaming of the autocreated printers is not a native feature of 2003 terminal services. ... Write a script that will rename printers after the user has logged on to the TS. ... If the user's local printers are available on the LAN or via a VPN you could install them directly on your TS and give them a short name. ...
  • Re: Renaming multiple printers using a reference file
    ... There are a couple of script samples on Script Center ... printers; they might get you started on writing a similiar script that uses ... Rename a printer published in Active Directory ...