Need help with File Permissions

From: malhenry (malhenry_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/05/05

Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 07:02:03 -0700

Hi,

I have copied thousands of files from my old XP Pro system drive to a brand
new installed drive of XP Pro. Unfortunately, on my old system all the files
were created under an admin acct.

On my new system, I want to just use the admin acct for installs only and
use the restricted user account for regular work. Unfortunately the
restricted user only has Read Execute permission on all the files. How can I
change this so that the restricted user also has write permission to all of
these data files, but does not have admin privileges.

TIA!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Need help with File Permissions
    ... > Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ... >> were created under an admin acct. ... >> restricted user only has Read Execute permission on all the files. ...
  • Re: Need help with File Permissions
    ... local computer" - thread ... > were created under an admin acct. ... > restricted user only has Read Execute permission on all the files. ...
  • Re: Need help with File Permissions
    ... > were created under an admin acct. ... > restricted user only has Read Execute permission on all the files. ... Even if you are not using file sharing you have to turn off simple file ...
  • Re: Need help with File Permissions
    ... Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes ... on my old system all the files> were created under an admin acct. ... Unfortunately the> restricted user only has Read Execute permission on all the files. ...