"Access is denied" for most thing in recovery console

From: Jo (JoJoTwilligo_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/05/05

Date: 4 May 2005 22:15:56 -0700

I want to be able to rename certain directories like \Documents and
Settings and \Program Files. It's my way of doing a clean install w/out
losing important things. Unforunately, the recovery console doesn't let
you do that. I tried using the SET option, then I was told that I have
to enable it with the "Security Configuration and analysis snap-in".
Well, I started the mmc and there isn't one available to me. Probably
because I have the Home Edition Service Pack 1. (I don't trust 2).
   So how do I just rename these directories? If there's another way to
enable those SET commands in the recovery console, that'd be good too.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Access is denied" for most thing in recovery console
    ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ... I tried using the SET option, then I was told that I have ... > So how do I just rename these directories? ... > enable those SET commands in the recovery console, ...
  • Re: boot error
    ... It may be possible to rename the system hive found ... To start the Recovery Console, start the computer from the Windows 2000 ... Setup CD or the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks. ... use another Windows 2000-based computer to create the Setup floppy disks. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Windows doesnt start with F8
    ... It may be possible to rename the system hive found in ... To start the Recovery Console, start the computer from the Windows 2000 ... use another Windows 2000-based computer to create the Setup floppy disks. ... and fixmbr for limited disk repairs. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: recover registry?
    ... Assuming the system hive and you already tried LKG, It may be possible to rename the system hive found in ... To start the Recovery Console, start the computer from the Windows 2000 Setup CD or the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks. ... If you do not have Setup floppy disks and your computer cannot start from the Windows 2000 Setup CD, use another Windows 2000-based computer to create the Setup floppy disks. ...
  • Re: SBS 2003 R2 - Backup Problems
    ... from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... Boot to Recovery console and rename clbcatq.dll to ~clbcatq.dll. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)