Regedit Disabled

From: DavidS (DavidS_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/03/05

Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 11:16:56 -0700

I'm an administrator of Windows network with respective admin privilidges. I
log in as the Administrator account, and I can run regedit on my laptop -
setup with Windows XP professional. When I log in as myself - even though I
am part of the Administrators group, I am not allowed to run regedit from my
laptop. I get the message "Registry editing has been disabled by your
administrator."
How do I enable this feature for my account and/or what group policy do I
change for my account (please advise as towards how I do this).

Tnks Always.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively
    ... REGEDIT doesn't recognize my laptop and neither does ... >On the other machine, click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT ... This is by the SID. ... >Your account will be one of the longer SID strings. ...
  • Re: Logon problems with networked laptop
    ... It shows up in the control panel users accounts, but when I tried to copy ... You couldn't even if you wanted to, the laptop would have to be ... As for her account you have no choice but to create a new local account, ... the domain administrator would have to create a new account for her. ...
  • Re: Cannot log in to XP
    ... Can I assume you're talking about the password for your user account? ... should find programs that will reset the Administrator password, ... I was given an older Dell laptop with XP pro on it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Changing Security
    ... My laptop is my ... account and it has admin privileges but I do not have a password on it. ... AN administrator account is a standard account with some administrator ...
  • Re: I cant log on! My Password changed? What do I do?
    ... This is a question about re-setting my password on my laptop. ... administrative privileges you can log into that account and change your ... original user account's password from the User Accounts applet in Control ... Administrator account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)